In stark contrast to French women, British women tend to adopt a more down to earth, no fuss approach to beauty and skin care. Here are some of the things that we’ve learned:
– British women are believers that healthy skin starts from within. This means drinking water, tea and cutting out processed foods.
– Skin care products in Britian tend to be pared down, simple, affordable and multi-tasking. Rather than using multiple specialized skin care products like the French, British women tend to purchase fewer multi-tasking products.
– Argan oil and vitamin E are very popular skin care and hair care ingredients that are widely utilized in British skin care products.
– British women love their make up. They tend to be quirky, independent and bold with their make up choices and are generally more excited about make up than skin care.
– “Super facials” are popular indulgences for British women. These are facials that use specialized lasers or peels (rather than injectables like Botox) to freshen the skin.
– Many British women don’t start using skin care until they are in their 30′s and don’t start with facials until their 40′s.
– British women are particularly concerned with the aging of their jaw lines – this is more important to many than fine lines and wrinkles. Many will use firming creams around their jaw line or get specialized treatments for the jaw line.